Sunday, November 10, 2013

T3Krant #3: Modern Internet Service Providers(ISP)

Just now,  I read on Gigaom.com that comcast is putting a 300GB data cap on economy up to the performance packages.  350GB for Blast,  450GB for Extreme 50 and 600GB for Extreme 105. You are probably thinking it's not a big deal,  or that's plenty for me.  Well let me tell you,  comcast  is testing  the waters to see if people will accept the changes,  if they do,  they will tighten the reigns and lower the data caps, and the best part is that if you go over the cap,  they charge you $10 for an additional 50GB. I know it seems like a lot now,  but If you maxed your bandwidth all month on a 0.92 Mbps plan you would fill that 300GB! I'm also afraid that if we let this happen,  other issues will follow,  If you can try to switch to a different ISP.

article: http://gigaom.com/2013/11/08/looks-like-comcast-is-quietly-pushing-a-300-gb-cap-and-overage-charges/

No comments:

Post a Comment